In today’s worrisome online environment as the age of children accessing adult sites is getting younger and younger, many parents are looking for ways to limit their children’s intake of adult content. In other words, “how to block adult sites” has become more urgent than ever.
In this article, CyberPurify will guide you through 3 proven ways for parents to block adult sites in Windows 10.
Wise modern parents are always proactive in bringing the best for their children. To better protect your child from all porn sites, for all internet-connected devices your child use, you should pre-order Wifi Device, becoming the first parents to own the solution which 24/7 protects your kids from harmful websites. Best prices are always available for early birds!
3 proven ways for parents to block adult sites in Windows 10
How to block adult sites in Windows 10 with a DNS server
DNS servers may sound complicated, but CyberPurify will guide you step-by-step to effectively block porn using DNS. What is a DNS server? As you know, all websites and devices connected to the Internet have IP addresses. DNS servers convert IPs into website names, making website access easier and more human-friendly.
Depending on the DNS server, there are many free or paid DNS servers, some can filter content and some can’t. Here are a few free DNS servers that filter content, helping block porn on Windows 10 for parents:
Porn Blocker Extension
CyberPurify Porn Blocker’s AI-driven filtering solution can help parents protect their kids from harmful content, while still letting kids experience the positive benefits of the online world.
- AdGuard DNS: 126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52.
- Open DNS: 184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.11.
- CleanBrowsing: 185,228,168.9, 185,228,169.9.
You can configure PC/laptop/phone/tablet or even router. To enable DNS servers in Windows 10, follow these steps:
- Press Win + R. Type “control” in the input field. Select OK.
2. The control panel will appear. You choose “View network status and tasks” or “Network and Sharing Center” in other cases.
3. Click “Change adapter settings” on the left side of the panel to see available network adapters. There are 2 main types of physical adapters: wireless and Ethernet. Select wireless if you are using Wi-Fi or Ethernet if a LAN cable is connected. You can also configure both adapters. Right-click on the adapter, select Properties.
4. Double-click “Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)”
5. Select “Use the following DNS server addresses”. Enter the new DNS server (here OpenDNS server) and click OK.
6. Close the Properties window by clicking OK.
You are now using the Internet through the DNS server. You should clear your DNS cache and browsing data (history, cookies, etc.). To clear the DNS cache:
- Right-click the Windows key and select “Windows PowerShell (Admin)” or “Command Prompt (Admin)” (only one command is displayed)
- Enter (ipconfig/flushdns), then press Enter.
How to block adult sites in Windows 10 with a Microsoft account
This is an operating system capability built into Windows 10. Also, it’s best to use the latest version of the operating system. You must have or create a Microsoft account, which is similar to a Google Account on Android or an AppleID. Then you have to add your child’s account there. This is also a practical way to block adult content on my PC.
- Go to Settings, click “Accounts – Family and other users” and click on the “Add a family member”.
2. Select “Add someone” and enter the child’s Microsoft account (or create a Microsoft account for the child). Click Next to confirm.
3. Go to the email address you entered, open a new email from Microsoft and accept the invitation. Now a child will be able to log in to the PC with his account.
4. Select Settings, navigate to “Accounts – Family and other users”, click “Manage family online”.
5. Find your child’s account, click More Options and a drop-down list will appear, select Content Restrictions.
6. Enable the “Filter inappropriate websites and searches”
Now Windows Parental control is enabled. There is a downside that this feature only works with Microsoft Edge browser and Internet Explorer in Windows 10, this feature does not block adult sites on Google Chrome. That’s why you should consider using third-party software.
How to block the dark web on Windows 10 with software
If the above two ways are quite complicated and take lots of work, you can consider using third-party software – online content filtering software. This is considered as a top free porn blocker software for Windows. Why you need to use content filtering software:
- Pornography not only reaches your child in the form of a website, but also in the form of images/videos/advertisements that pervade the Internet. As a result, blocking websites/domains is not enough and you have to manually add adult sites is not possible and you don’t have time to do it.
- Pornography updates every day, every hour so a constant update mechanism is a must
- Pornography appears a lot on the dark corners of private chat groups, social networks, forums, etc.
To ensure your child’s online environment is safe and healthier, you should consider using an additional online content filtering tool – considered by many parents as one of the best free parental control software to hide 15 types of harmful content on the Internet, including:
- Horrifying content like gore, accidents, ghosts, violence, murder, terrorism, etc
- Content about stimulants, addictive substances such as alcohol, beer, marijuana, drugs, etc
- Content with aggressive elements, hurting others like Hate speech
This free porn blocker extension can help to minimize your child’s access to harmful content, ensuring a healthy online environment for your child but at the same time, not invading their privacy rights.
You follow the steps below:
- Open your browser: Google Chrome/Firefox/Microsoft Edge/Safari
- Click Add-ons/Extensions on browsers’ settings or you can click here Google Chrome Extensions or Firefox Extension or Microsoft Edge Extension or Safari Extension (Click Safari at the upper left corner => Click Safari Extension)
- Type the keyword CyberPurify in the search box (the pictures below take Chrome as an example)
4. Click on CyberPurify displayed in the results
5. Select Add to Chrome
6. Select Add extension
7. The result displayed as shown below is that you have successfully installed it.
Try and you might love this: